Pages

Monday 10 February 2014

Stampin' Up! Language of Love Treat Box Tutorial

It's confession time......
Who spends at least 10 minutes every day scouring through Pinterest and other blogs etc to find inspiration to create? I know I do, and I look through my Stampin' Up! catalogues and the magazines I get from Stampin' Up! for being a demonstrator. But do you know, sometimes it's just as much fun to seek inspiration by looking back through your own creativity. See I found this cute Valentine's project I made back in February 2010 and thought wow - why don't I re-make that using current projects?

Here it is, complete with matching card:


Quite easy to make too so I'm going to give you the measurements in a moment. I've used Crumb Cake, Pink Pirouette and the beautiful new Fresh Prints Designer Series Paper Stack.

Stampin_Up

The card itself measures 4" square and I've used the window sheet from Quatrefancy Specialty Papers. I'm loving the thick twine that comes in the Sale-a-Bration Sweet Sorbet Kit too, it's so soft. At convention in Manchester there was an all attendee giveaway which was this stamp set Language of Love. I'm ashamed to admit this is the first time it's seen ink!

Stampin_Up

OK - here's how to make the box. Cut a piece of card measuring 6" square and score along all edges at 1/2" and 1 1/4". Reinforce the creases and cut as in the photo below. Die cut shape of your choice in the centre and pop Window Sheet behind. Cut another sheet of card 3 1/2" wide. I've used the Deco Label Framelit to shape the top of mine. Stick sides of box to the backing card - leaving the top flap as an opening for your treats.

Stampin_Up

I've always been told red and pink don't go together - never did like following the rules and our Red Glimmer Paper looks fab with the pink I think. I obviously thought so before - here is the original project. Look at the old style punches and ink pads!

Stampin_Up

Why not have a look back through some of your old projects to see if you can re-purpose them with new products too?

Hugs
Victoria
x

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog, if you have time please leave me a comment as I love to read them.
Thanks
Victoria
x