Pages

Thursday 31 May 2012

Stampin' Up! Jubilee Projects Part 1

Here in the UK we are about to start celebrations for the Queen's Diamond Jubilee and Jelly has decided to join in the fun with some Jubilee themed projects. The first I am sharing with you today:


I'm a huge fan of all the 'keep calm' stuff and think it's so very British too. I wanted to make a Stampin' Up! card using the phrase and style of the original posters used here in the UK and at first was stumped! My colour combo was the easy part, Poppy Parade, Pacific Point and Whisper White. The card base is simply layered with some Pacific Point Designer Paper with a strip of plain Whisper White Card over the top. I could have used ribbon but decided not to. The letters have been stamped using the Just Perfect Alphabet set with the help of some carefully marked out pencil lines and of course my trusty Stamp-ma-jig. The ampersand is stamped in Poppy Parade and I found it in the For My Family stamp set.


I lurve this crown stamp and it always stamps such a perfect image each time. It's out of the Artistic Etchings set and just the right size to go with the Just Perfect Alphabet. I've finished the crown off with some Self Adhesive Rhinestones. Well it is a Diamond Jubilee after all.

Can't wait for my Jubilee themed class this Saturday - this is one of the cards we'll be making. Back tomorrow with another project from the class.

Hugs
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog, if you have time please leave me a comment as I love to read them.
Thanks
Victoria
x