Pages

Tuesday 29 May 2012

Clean and Simple Cup of Thanks

Whilst everyone has been out and about enjoying the early British summer, I've been stuck indoors nursing tonsillitis - boo hiss. Anyway, today I am starting to feel better and have ventured in to the room of craft to update my blog with some cards I made a few weeks ago:


I've used River Rock for my card bases, such a gentle neutral shade. I'm very much a Crumb Cake girl so it's good to use something else. Here's a close up of one of the cards:


The cards are 3" square and I've rounded the opening corners off with the Corner Punch. The tea cup and sentiment are both from Tea Shoppe with a flower punched using one of the Itty Bitty punches - fab that we do a set of three punches don't you think? Actually I've used five different punches on this card: Corner, Itty Bitty, 1 3/4" Scallop Circle, 1 3/8" Circle and Modern Label. The additional colours I've used are Melon Mambo, Always Artichoke and Perfect Plum.

Finally, something sweet. Blake is spending the day at his Grandparents today and I mentioned at breakfast today that he was going to the cemetery to take some flowers to his big brother and Great Grandad. Zac looked really put out and said he wanted to go and when I told him he couldn't as he was going to nursery he asked if he could pick some flowers for his brother. So we grabbed a pair of scissors and went out to the garden and these are the flowers he chose:


Not sure how long they'll last but don't they look pretty wrapped up in the packaging paper we get in our Stampin' Up! delivery boxes along with some Pool Party Seam Binding Ribbon and Elegant Eggplant Spotted Dots Ribbon? I think my little guy Flynn will love these from his little brothers.

Hugs
 
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Lovely set of cards. I love this sweet little cup. Funnily enough I've posted a little 3" by 3" card using this same set. It's perfect for it! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, if you have time please leave me a comment as I love to read them.
Thanks
Victoria
x