Pages

Sunday 18 March 2012

Stampin' Up! Idea Book and Catalogue Case

Firstly - Happy Mothers Day to all you Mums out there. I've had a perfect start to the day with a good sleep followed by a lie in. Yep - the boys stayed at their Grandparents last night. My treat. Hubby is going to collect them soon to bring them home for a family day together.

Secondly - I can't take credit for my creations today as they are all cased from the Stampin' Up! Idea Book and Catalogue. See, when I'm lost for what to do I tend to flick through the catalogue. It's why Stampin' Up! called it an Idea Book - it's FULL of ideas of things to make, you just need to remember to look.

So Mothers Day means generally I make three cards. One for Mum, one for my Step Mum and one for my Mum in law. Here goes:


I love looking at them all together like this.You can see more detail in the Idea Book and Catalogue on pages 110 - 111. Not got a copy? just drop me an email and I can get one in the post to you.

So my colour combo is Melon Mambo, Crumb Cake,  Soft Suede and Sahara Sand. Here's the first card:


I've changed the stamp sets to those shown in the Idea Book and Catalogue as I wanted to use some of the stamps currently available during Stampin' Up! Sale-A-Bration promotion. These sets are FREE with orders of £45 by the way. Here I've used Fresh Vintage and added a sentiment from For My Family which is in the main catalogue.  Additional products used are Beveled Windowpanes, Mini Vintage Tags and Mini Brads. The ribbon is Pear Pizzaz Seam Binding Ribbon which is so easy to use and tie gorgeous bows with too. Oh and the pretty pink trim is created using the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch. Here's a close up:


Next is a card using a beautiful stamp set Growing Green:


This was fun to make and I enjoyed breaking away from my usual style and doing a spot of paper tearing and I think more detail than normally I'd stretch to. This is pretty much a direct copy of the one in the Idea Book and Catalogue as I didn't want to change it. The Crumb Cake Seam Binding Ribbon again is crumpled before forming the bow. The sentiment from Delightful Dozen is stamped in VersaMark and heat set with Melon Mambo Embossing Powder. I didn't fancy using my sewing machine on card so I created faux stitching using the Piercing Tool and Mat Pack and drew in the stitches with a White Gel Pen.

The last card:


Now the card in the Idea Book and Catalogue uses Paper Daises which I don't have so I made my own using the Blossom Party Big Shot Die which you can find in the Stampin' Up! Spring Mini Catalogue. I cut them on Textured Whisper White card and coloured them using Melon Mambo Ink and a Sponge Dauber. The flower centres are punched in Melon Mambo card with the Boho Blossoms Punch. The background stamping is again using the Fresh Vintage Sale-a-Bration stamp set. the cute small flowers are made using the four edged flower from Itty Bitty Punch Set.

Not often I use so many different products in one go but it was fun trying something new and I'm going to run a class soon featuring cards like these. Watch this space.

Off now to enjoy being a pampered Mummy for the day.

Hugs
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Happy Mums day to you! Sounds like your off to a great start!These totally rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All beautiful cards,never really looked at the growing green set before but now it's on my wish list as I think it could be a good set to use for crayon resist cards. Thanks for sharing AS x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards Victoria and fab use of the SAB sets xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've done a great job casing & why not? those designs are fantastic....I'd forgotten what a good source of inspiration the SU catalogue is :) Hope you're well Victoria xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, if you have time please leave me a comment as I love to read them.
Thanks
Victoria
x