Pages

Wednesday 7 September 2011

A Free Tutorial for you

Hello

I'm a bit late in posting today because I've been busy (with the boys out for the day) prepping for my all day Christmas class this Saturday - I can't wait, I have some fabulous projects lined up for everyone who's coming. Anyway, last week I promised to post a tutorial on how to make the tea light boxes I've been making a lot of recently. So here goes:

Supplies:
  • Trimmer with cutting and scoring blades
  • Real Red card - 8 1/4" x 3 3/4"
  • Chocolate Chip card - 6 1/4" x 7"
  • Chocolate Chip card - 6" x 1 1/2"
  • Patterned paper - 5 3/4" x 1 1/4" (I've used some from the christmas Jingle Scrappin' kit)
  • 12" striped grosgrain ribbon
  • Scrap Very Vanilla and Chocolate Chip card
  • 1/2" circle, Oval and Scallop Oval punches
  • Sentiment stamp and Real Red ink



  • Score the Red card on each side at 1", trim off the corners to form triangles and cut two slots on opposite sides to form corner flaps
  • Apply Tombow to the corners and fold in to form your base

  • Use the 1/2" circle punch to punch a half circle slot on each end ad pop in 4 tealights (OK so I only had 2 left!)

  • Score the Chocolate Chip card along the 7" side at 1 7/8", 3", 4 7/8" and 6"
  • Stick down the Real Red layer and the patterned paper, sentiment and scallop oval
  • Apply Tombow to the 1" flap and glue to form your wrap

There you go!

Did you notice I've created a tab at the top of my blog to be updated each day with items that have sold out from the retirement list? Quite a few products have gone already so if you'd like to place an order with me - please either email me at bluejellystampin@sky.com or give me a call on 07748 707845.

Hugs

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing Victoria. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou Victoria, this is great Going to have a go.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, thanks for sharing instructions :)

    Alex x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, if you have time please leave me a comment as I love to read them.
Thanks
Victoria
x