Pages

Saturday 23 July 2011

Sweet Buttons

I'm having a day at home with the boys today whilst hubby is getting some weekend work in. We spent the morning in the garden, mainly playing with the water table Blake's Grandparents got him for his birthday. After a substantial soaking I'd had enough and in we came. Whilst the boys had their lunch, I nipped up to the room of craft to make a card for the challenge this week at Less is More. I went for the 'buttons' option:


I've used Crumb Cake Card teamed with Pink Pirouette, Regal Rose and Pretty in Pink and created my buttons using the Big Shot Sweet Buttons Embosslits die. I love it as it cuts six buttons and embossed them at the same time. My sentiment is from Bundle of Love. It was the reason I bought the set as I just think it's the most adorable baby sentiment I've ever seen. I stamped it in VersaMark ink and heat set with White Embossing powder.

I stuck my buttons in a rough line and then used the pricking tool and mat pack to create a straight, even line of holes and then drew my stitching with the White gel Pen. I decided to add a little pink to the hearts under the sentiment too.


I shared a photo of Blake with  you the other day as he was trying so hard to go back to sleep after I'd woken him up at 8am in the morning to get him dressed and ready to come to school with Zac. Well sleeping seems to be his thing this week, firstly I popped in the kitchen to do a spot of work and it went very quiet in the lounge. I stuck my head around the door to find him here:


Totally crashed out bless him. I managed to scoop him up and pop a mat and a blanket under him without waking him up:


The following day he fell asleep half way through eating his lunch! Right, I had better go and get back to the boys. Zac has managed to work the sky remote and they're both watching a Disney film.

Hugs
Pin It

27 comments:

  1. Smashing idea to stitch across your row of buttons.

    Cute kiddie pix too

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card Victoria
    That looks like real stitching! [my worst nightmare lol]
    Fab effect
    Your little Zac looks so sweet
    Thank you so much
    Diva LIm
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS gorgeous card! And a little sleeping beauty too! TFS.

    Hugs, Sandra View my card HERE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Victoria
    Fabby card ...love it ...Great!!!!
    hugs
    sylvie
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Victoria, and that photo of Blake sleeping is just too gorgeous for words!
    Margaret x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Victoria.
    Very cute card...these buttons are on my wishlist and your card has just promoted them to my next order :-). I have to say though, cute as the card is...it's not as cute as Blake :-)

    See you soon
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. The buttons look fab stitched on like that and I love the embossed sentiment. Your son looks so sweet asleep - he'll probably have grown 2 inches by the end of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Until I read your post, I thought the buttons were stiched on, what a great effect, love the sentiment and the card.

    Your little one looks so comfortable bless him.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The stitching definitely looks machine done, great tip, lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Victoria,

    your babycard is super cute, that's such a lovely sentiment and what a wonderful job you've done with the buttons.
    Your son looks so adorable on his blanket, so peaceful ;)

    Lins ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gotta love Bips! What a sweetie. Love, love, love this card. I have a crumb emergency. I have none!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think my hubby and Blake have something in common, he seems to be able to fall asleep anywhere!
    This is a fabulous card... love the stitching through the buttons.
    Brilliant!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Lady LIM
    "less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the kraft and buttons, cute pictures x

    ReplyDelete
  14. adorable card! i love the faux stitching you did with the buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fab card Victoria, I love that quote too, so sweet :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute baby,and cute card loved the stitching detail x

    ReplyDelete
  17. A great card - love the stitching effect

    ReplyDelete
  18. GREAT CARD ! Very lovely !

    Carol W

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super card (and love the pics of Blake) x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Really like this one, pink & kraft & fab faux stitching. xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Crumb cake and pink go together wonderfully and your card is gorgeous Victoria.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. The buttons look fab. Love the faux stitching. x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely card. And the foto of your son is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Super card! Love your faux buttons and stitching. The sentiment is lovely, too.

    ReplyDelete
  25. brilliant card Victoria, I love how you've stitched across the layered buttons :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Super card, love the stitching.
    My eldest used to fall asleep anywhere too! Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely modern-look card. Those faux buttons look great! Gill x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, if you have time please leave me a comment as I love to read them.
Thanks
Victoria
x