Pages

Friday 8 July 2011

My Little Man is Two

My littlest Blake is two today! Where did the time go? (I must be getting old to say that). We were going to have a bit of a party this afternoon for him but are going to do it another day as his brother Zac needs a bit of peace and quiet and rest today.

Yesterday he fell off his chair and split his head open so it was a dash up to A and E, typical Jelly.....almost out of petrol, two screaming boys in the car, get to the hospital and there is no parking anywhere near the A and E department. Found a car parking space - no change for the meter. So I left a note on the dashboard saying I had to get to A and E etc. Then it started to really rain and I had a long walk, pushing the buggy and carrying a screaming Zac. Walked in to A and E, dripping wet, blood everywhere and burst into tears!! Anyway, after three long hours at the hospital we came away after having Zac's head cleaned and glued and he is now fine.

So hopefully on Sunday if the weather dries up we are going to take Blake to Thomasland to celebrate. He loves Thomas so I made him this card:


It's made entirely with Stampin' Up! products took me longer than any card I've made before! I used a variety of punches and Big Shot dies. Around the tunnel the bricks are made using the small jewellery punch. I love the Timeless Type alphabet and numbers die set - it's so versatile on cards and for scrapbooking.

I made a Thomas cake too - I was really pleased with the cake itself, a dairy free madiera cake, it didn't sink in the middle or anything. But then we move on to my cake decorating skills. Shall we say I'm less than amateur and all you cake makers out there are in for a real laugh now.......ta dah:


Ahem, I think I'll stick to making cards from now on!
Hugs Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Aw you poor thing - what a day yesterday for the 3 of you. Hope both you and zac are better now but do understand he needs a little peace. Poor man.
    Many congratulations to Blake - hope he enjoys his birthday and I think your cake looks fabulous :).

    Hugs, Mette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, hope you are all ok, what a horrid time. Love your card, very clever and I can't believe Blake is 2 already, where did that go!?

    Have a lovely weekend
    hugs
    Vicki x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card for little man and glad he had a good day yesterday and that Zac is on the mend.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. well I think they are both brill and so are you Mummy!

    Glad to hear that Zac is wayyyy much better now!....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, if you have time please leave me a comment as I love to read them.
Thanks
Victoria
x