Pages

Sunday 17 July 2011

Christmas Frames

Yesterday myself and my downline Tracy went over to Leeds to attend some training run by the lovely Jules. The drive over was terrible with the heavy rain and sent the sat nav a bit loopy. Yes hands up it send us down a road signposted Pudsey (where we were headed) but we ended up with the road turning into a single vehicle access and then erm, no further acces unless you were lucky enough to be a horse. Ahem, managed to turn around without getting the car stuck in the mud and re-set the sat nav (now renamed something similar but unprintable) and made it to training on time!

Jules had asked me to demo some of the 3-D box frames I've been making and as the event was Christmas themed, so were my projects. I grabbed this photo off Jules' blog as mine were a bit rubbish! Here's a 12x12 frame I did:


I used Bashful Blue, Old Olive and Poppy Parade for my colour combo and used loads of scraps and stickers and mainly the Every Little Bit stamp set which is fabulous value as you get 28 stamps. If you order it from me in July, I'll give you the instructions to make these box frames for free.
Here's a close up:


This is going to go on the wall in Zac's bedroom. It's a photo of him last year in Sherwood Forest watching the singing reindeers! I made a cute card to match:


One of the squares uses a sticker out of the Christmas Jingle simply scrapping kit. I love these kits, they're useful for so many things! I also made a more traditional 6" square frame:


This one features Very Vanilla, Real Red and Old Olive with Contempo Christmas and Delightful Decorations stamps. Oh and I spy Sparkly and Bright in there too!!

I had a brill day and met some fab ladies and came away buzzing with ideas. I just need a spare week to sit down and make loads of stuff now!

hugs
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Brilliant projects! I've just bought a box frame, you've given me lots of ideas. Tfs :)x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a fab day - I saw the pics on Jules' blog earlier. You look deep in concentration!!! These frames are amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to have a go at these too - they really are brilliant

    ReplyDelete
  4. Victoria these are stunning!!! Thanks so much for sharing x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, if you have time please leave me a comment as I love to read them.
Thanks
Victoria
x