Pages

Friday 22 April 2011

Destroy It Yourself

Aah Easter weekend, otherwise known as Destroy It Yourself weekend where all the DIY shops are full of those off work for the long weekend with nothing else to do except attempt those dreaded tasks about the home. We're no exception! But before I share our days work, I'd better show you my project for the day:


I've had a little play with the Sew Lovely stamp set and coordinating Sweet Stitches papers. Great fun. The patterned paper already has the stitching on it to save me a job! I stamped the tape measure on to some Pretty In Pink Grosgrain Ribbon and added a folded punched oval and a jumbo eyelet to the end. The other images have been stamped and paper pieced with the DSP and stuck down with dimensionals. Of course I had to use self adhesive pearls for the tops of the pins!

Now for the destroy it yourself job. Our garden isn't very practical for the boys to play out in because the back gates broke some time ago and we haven't had time to do anything abou it. Now though we're putting up a new fence and a gate. When I say 'we' I do of course mean 'he' with me just observing and providing the occassional brew to keep him going. I've been far too busy having water fights with the babies!


The fence and gate are partway down the garden as we don't want the boys to go beyond this point whilst they're little. We plan at some point to dig a veg patch in the other half of the garden but that's not going to happen this year as I think we'll need to hire a bob kat and a skip first to clear the land!

Enjoy the sun if you have it too.
Hugs
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Hi Victoria,
    I have the pleasure of working in DIY retail so I can vouch for the hundreds and hundreds of people who like yourselves are 'destroying it themselves' this weekend and I also have the sore feet to prove it from running around helping those people too! All good fun. Have a lovely weekend
    Hugs Lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not quite on a DIY trip (yet) but decided to do a bit of gardening today and then started sorting out our shed - big mistake sliced a nice chunk out of my thumb on a metal edge that was stored in there for some reason (can't even think what it was for). Anyway decided as long as I put a tight dressing round it I may well get away without a trip to A&E for it to be stiched. Looking on the good side I can now get away with doing as little as possible as I'm injured LOL
    Have a good weekend - hope your boys appreciate your efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card Vic I really love what you did with that stamp set so its now on my wish list.
    DIY I remember the BH weekend when my first husband used to have a go and your garden is very much like the garden I had when my boys were young and we... (He) put a gate and fence half way down just like your James has and it looks like he's doing a good job too ...bet he's gratful for all that tea too !! he he
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It did make me smile when I saw your title, we have so far refrained from the DIY bug ! Lovely card, I love the jumbo eyelet and the ribbon.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, if you have time please leave me a comment as I love to read them.
Thanks
Victoria
x